Juniper Networks, an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that i3D.net, a Dutch managed-hosting provider with global reach, has chosen Juniper Networks’ Software-Defined Secure Networks platform to protect its network against DDoS attacks and other threats while reducing its capital expenses. i3D.net’s new secure and virtualized network will reduce costs due to lower shipping expenses and less time to deploy new sites and voice, video and data services.
i3D.net serves over 31,000 customers on 10,000 i3D.net servers in 16 data center locations worldwide. The company has a broad range of government, education, healthcare, sports, gaming and hosting customers who require high-performance, secure and flexible networks to allow its customers to rapidly increase capacity for new cloud services, dedicated servers and game services.
• i3D.net deployed Juniper SkyÔ Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) and the vSRX Virtual Firewall at its global internet backbone and carrier neutral SmartDC data center. The solution provides protection from malicious and hard to detect malware across virtual and physical environments.
• Sky ATP is designed to use machine learning to continually analyze web and email files and detect evasive malware before businesses are affected. Its identification technology uses a variety of techniques to quickly detect and prevent an impending cyber-attack. The solution is designed to provide a strong defense against advanced malware, such as the WannaCry family of ransomware.
• i3D.net is known for rapid deployment of servers globally. With Juniper’s vSRX, i3D.net can deploy new firewalls and security policies at these locations quickly, bringing agility and consistent security to company operations.
• SRX Series Services Gateway delivers a complete virtual firewall solution, including advanced security services, robust networking and automated virtual machine life cycle management capabilities.
• i3D.net is an existing Juniper Networks customer and deploys Juniper’s high-performance switching solutions across its network.
“i3D.net operates a global distributed hosting platform, so we require a security solution that enables consistent and dynamic protection at scale. Juniper’s virtual SRX firewalls meet and exceed our secure network requirements. Our network team scaled the vSRX to mitigate DDoS attacks and filter malicious traffic aimed at our customer’s services. Security and performance are our number one priorities and Juniper’s SDSN platform allows us to deliver.”
– Stijn Koster, chief executive officer at i3D.net
“Fast-paced organizations like i3D.net require a secure and adaptable infrastructure, as its shared network infrastructure supports sensitive and critical information with combined data, voice and video services. Juniper’s custom-built secure networking solutions give i3D.net a solid foundation for fast growth and digital business transformation.”
– Mihir Maniar, vice president, security product management at Juniper Networks
• Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
• Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
• Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.