Juniper Networks, an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that Exaring, a digital service provider based in Germany, is using Juniper Networks’ high-performance solutions to create a scalable and fully-automated infrastructure for its next generation IP-based TV services.
Exaring’s platform offers German households diverse broadcast services in the cloud via a smart device. The company operates a comprehensive fiber infrastructure exclusively for the transmission of IP entertainment services, combining high-definition TV quality with the convenience of easy-to-use apps and the flexibility of the web. Exaring has also created its own TV platform waipu.tv.
Exaring, with the flexible and automated network architecture created by Juniper Networks’ technology, can integrate and deploy new services in a very short time, achieving lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and meeting consumers’ high demands for its IP TV playout platform. The automated platform also allows the company to monitor and dynamically adjust its network performance in real-time, based on data intelligence and analysis.
• Juniper Networks® QFX Series switching technology was selected by Exaring to deliver automated television services to end-users, including high-definition (HD) and 4K (ultra HD) video, via customers’ existing internet connections without additional installations.
• Exaring’s functions run in a cloud environment created by Juniper’s QFX switches, which are high-performance, high-density switching platforms with open architectures that serve as universal building blocks for automated, programmable fabric architectures. This environment supports applications that move hundreds of gigabits of video.
• Exaring deployed the Juniper Networks’ QFX10000 at its data center edge, which has IPv4 and IPv6 peering functionality and low latency transport, together with Juniper’s ASIC functionality, such as Virtual output Queueing (VoQ) technology.
• The overall switch network infrastructure is underpinned by Junos® OS, Juniper’s single operating system for centralized management, which further streamlines and simplifies Exaring’s network operations. The automation capabilities of Junos® OS, running on QFX Series switches, integrates seamlessly into Exaring’s broader orchestration and automation infrastructure.
“Cable connection and satellite services can no longer serve the contemporary entertainment requirements of TV viewers. Consumers are looking for a digital, simpler and more affordable option for their TV entertainment. In order to meet these needs, we adopted high-quality automation technology with Juniper Networks for a glitch-free broadcast environment at scale.”
– Tim Kleefass, head of network at Exaring AG
“Digitalization is changing the broadcast and media industry at an unprecedented rate – in common with most other industry sectors, it is undergoing dramatic and rapid business transformation. New generation TV, gaming, 3D virtual reality, HD and ultra HD content all need consistent, high-bandwidth network capacity. Exaring has invested in an innovative automation infrastructure to future-proof its business and deliver on consumer expectations for an accessible, high-quality service.”
– Mihir Maniar, vice president, security product management at Juniper Networks
• Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
• Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
• Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.