The submarine cable industry is global by nature and as such is bound to be impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, which has largely halted international movement and temporarily shut down factories and businesses worldwide.
Yet, the subsea market provides the backbone of the world’s internet and so, how is the industry keeping us connected during these difficult times? What will be the impact on the new builds planned for 2020?
Total Telecom in association with Submarine Networks EMEA present an informative webinar on Tuesday, 2June 2020 at 2:00 PM BST
Join us and learn about:
- What measures the industry is putting in place to ensure that cable deployment and maintenance continues during the pandemic?
- The impact on new and ongoing cable builds – will there be delays and if so, how long? What will be the financial impact of delays?
- The possibility of capacity upgrades on existing cables
- The effects of closures of factory closures on manufacturers
Confirmed speakers include:
- Nigel Bayliff, CEO, Aqua Comms
- Didier Dillard, CEO, Orange Marine
- Andy Bax, COO, Seaborn Networks
- Taneli Vuorinen, EVP, Cinia
- Stuart Blythe, Partner, Baker Botts
- Moderator: Keith Schofield, General Manager, International Cable Protection Committee (ICPC)
Who should attend:
- Carriers, OTTs, Cable Owners and Operators
- Data centres working with the subsea sector
- Marine maintenance providers
- Marine survey and monitoring providers
- Equipment providers and suppliers
- Consultants, finance and legal services
This event will also be available on-demand to pre-registered delegates on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 from 2:00 PM BST