Edgewater Wireless Systems Inc. (YFI; TSX.V) (OTCQB: KPIFF), the industry leader in Wi-Fi Spectrum Slicing technology for residential and commercial markets, is pleased to announce the successful completion of a residential Proof of Concept for Spectrum Slicing with a Tier 1 service provider.
The Proof of Concept compared the current physical layer single-channel architecture offered by ALL today’s Wi-Fi systems, up to and including WiFi6E, to Edgewater’s patented, physical layer multi-channel Spectrum Slicing. The Proof of Concept was carried out on 750,000 homes with over 6-million devices. Results were outstanding and demonstrated:
• 75% of homes surveyed experienced 7 to 18 times performance improvements whilst the remaining 25% also experienced demonstrated improvements. The most considerable improvement was seen in the homes with the most devices.
• Eight or more devices connected to average home Access Point in Proof of Concept
• Demonstrated the traditional, single-channel Wi-Fi performance degraded with each device added while Edgewater solution retains performance as devices are added
• The beauty is by adding physical (PHY) capacity to access points, Spectrum Slicing reduces contention and improves performance while reducing hardware and operational costs
• Proof of Concept solidifies the need for Spectrum Slicing in Wi-Fi networks
The global pandemic has accelerated residential reliance on Wi-Fi for work-from-home, homeschooling and home entertainment applications. Remarkably, the new standard such as WiFi6 and WiFi6E provide little improvement at the physical layer. With home access points averaging eight (8) devices and growing, contention results in decreased performance with each device added.
Single-channel Wi-Fi radio architecture has focused on improving a single physical medium’s efficiency without adding much-needed capacity. Edgewater’s Spectrum Slicing is the most efficient way to add the required capacity and deliver maximum performance for the ever-increasing number of wireless devices.
“We are pleased with the results of the Proof of Concept,” Said Andrew Skafel, President and CEO of Edgewater Wireless. “The Proof of Concept carried out by this major Tier 1 demonstrates the magnitude of the opportunity for Spectrum Slicing and Edgewater in all Wi-Fi applications and is a strong validation of our unique, patented approach.”
Edgewater’s physical layer Spectrum Slicing allows a frequency band to be divided, or sliced, to enable more radios to operate in a given area. Think of Spectrum Slicing like moving from a single-lane road to a multi-lane highway — regardless of Wi-Fi technology.
For more information on Edgewater Wireless and Spectrum Slicing, visit http://www.edgewaterwireless.com.