Gilat Telecom today announced that its VSAT services are now available in every country in Africa offering significant advantages over other domestic and international connectivity providers.
Operational in Africa for 20 years with a strong base in East Africa and the DRC, Gilat Telecom has built a reputation for excellent customer service providing high speed satellite, VSAT and fibre connectivity services to NGOs, ISPs and MNOs.
As demand for bandwidth across Africa continues to increase, Gilat Telecom has invested in its VSAT offering to provide a number of new opportunities and features for customers including:
A new self-control portal – this gives organisations complete control over their networks and full visibility of all their services including billing, OSS and BSS visible on the same dashboard. This portal was developed specifically for the African market with e-banking, ease of use and availability.
– Faster time to delivery – with warehouses in seven countries and hundreds of field engineers, Gilat Telecom can provide fast and reliable broadband to an organisation within just a few days.
– Faster Speeds – downlinks of 70Mbps with up to 15Mbps uplink per single terminal.
– Aggressive OPEX Pricing – up to 20% lower than competitors.
– A ‘More For Less’ pledge – customers’ CAPEX is minimised with investment limited to high performance remote terminals.
– Flexibility – The use of multiple HTS and regular satellites enables Gilat Telecom to tailor its service to meet the exact demands of customers. Providers include AfricaSat, ABS, Intelsat, Belintersat, Chinasat, Spacecom, Azerspace, SES and more. In addition, Gilat Telecom uses the equipment and services of a wide range of vendors including Newtec, iDirect, Novelsat, UHP, Comtech, Gilat Satellite Networks.
– The world’s first SD-WAN solution for satellite traffic, designed specifically to address the needs of African MNOs, ISPs and enterprises and using AI and machine-learning algorithms to improve traffic management and maximise bandwidth. Gilat Telecom’s SD-WAN enables service providers and MNOs to centrally control the route that satellite -and fiber – traffic takes to and from the customer.
IPTEC has been using Gilat Telecom’s VSAT service to provide connectivity to NGOS, ISPs and enterprises across South Sudan.
Kamrul Hasan Sagar, The CEO of IPTEC, said “The team at Gilat Telecom really cares about our business and consistently help us achieve the fastest available speeds at a competitive price, accompanied by excellent and pro-active customer service. We are using various VSAT technologies as a managed service, VNO and more. I would recommend Gilat Telecom to all organizations that want greater control over their networks and services”.
Davor Folkenfolk, Head of Engineering at Gilat Telecom, said “We use an extensive number of satellite providers which means we can pick the best service for our customers. We can then help them to maximise their bandwidth so that connectivity isn’t something they have to worry about anymore. Our new VSAT capabilities have been driven by demand and developed with our long-term customers. We thank them for their continued support and custom”.