Device Authority, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) for IoT vendor, today announces its KeyScaler technology has been selected to integrate with the Comodo CA IoT security services platform. The service will allow device manufacturers, ecosystem players and end customers to automate their PKI certificate provisioning and management for IoT devices.
Comodo CA is expanding the traditional use of PKI to offer an automated platform that will allow PKI certificates to be managed throughout the entire lifecycle at volumes that can scale for the IoT market. The Comodo CA service, powered by Device Authority’s KeyScaler platform, will deliver:
• Enhanced PKI customer experience in ordering, tracking, receiving and injecting of certificates on to devices
• The ability to prevent cloning or counterfeiting either as a base service or in conjunction with use of TPM
• Post device deployment (aftermarket) credential management services
• ‘Retrofix’ of old, insecure certificates or keys on the devices already deployed through a firmware upgrade procedure
• Code signing and secure update service
• Integrity validation check service
“Recent news headlines continue to highlight the lack of security in IoT devices, which allows hackers to intrude and expose vulnerabilities – as shown with Mirai and Reaper,” said Damon Kachur, Head of IoT Solutions at Comodo CA. “Together with Device Authority’s KeyScaler technology, we empower the ecosystem or organisation to react quickly by automating the updating of certificates to protect their devices and/or mitigate an attack.”
As the IoT continues to develop smart connected products and technology is being deployed for critical use cases, such as medical devices and industrial IoT, stronger security is required.
“The IoT market will hugely benefit from KeyScaler’s automated bulk provisioning service within Comodo CA’s IoT PKI security offering,” said Darron Antill, CEO of Device Authority. “We are speaking with many ecosystem players and end users, with opportunities across various verticals for our unique joint offering which is the first of its kind.”