A Connected Britain 2022 Preview
Connected Britain 2022 is just around the corner and, with just over a week left to go, it is only fitting that we highlight some of our amazing keynote sessions, featuring some of the biggest names in the UK telecoms industry.
Day 1 Keynote: Unlocking the benefits of a ‘Connected Britain’
What exactly do we mean when we talk about a ‘Connected Britain’? What does a truly connected, digital economy look like and how can we attain it while still delivering impecable customer experience? Is ubiquitious connectivity truly within reach?
Moderated by Financial Times’ Telecoms Media and Technology Correspondent, Anna Gross, this panel will seek to answer these fundamental questions and more, exploring the strategies at the heart of creating digital Britain.
- Lutz Schüler, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Media O2
- Katie Milligan, Chief Commercial Officer, Openreach
- Tristia Harrison, Chief Executive Officer, TalkTalk
- Katherine Ainley, Chief Executive Officer UK & Ireland, Ericsson
- Ahmed Essam, Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone UK
- Greg Mesch, CEO, CityFibre
Day 2 Keynote: The road to full fibre: Where are we and where do we need to be?
The UK telecoms industry has been rolling out fibre at an incredible pace in recent years, but are we moving fast enough to hit the government’s ambitious gigabit broadband targets? What are the biggest barriers holding back the UK’s full fibre future and how can these be overcome?
James Barford, Head of Telecoms Research at Enders Analysis, will guide the discussion, assessing the industry’s fibre progress so far and mapping the next key steps in creating a more digital future.
- Paul Norris, Chief Executive, Building Digital UK, UK Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Gareth Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Gigaclear
- Dana Tobak, Chief Executive Officer, Hyperoptic